MIG Welder (Days & Afternoons)
We are currently seeking MIG Welders for full-time Day and Afternoon shifts in the Peterborough area.
On the job, welders will cut and join metals and other materials at facilities or construction sites.
The ideal candidate will be adept at MIG welding with 5-years experience, and also have a steady hand and great attention to detail. Knowledge of different kinds of welding, metals, and their properties is essential.
Welders must be competent in using potentially dangerous equipment, following all safety precautions.
What's in it for you?
- Weekly pay at $22.00 /hour
- Benefits available after 3-months
- Full-time employment
- Potential for permanent hire
- 24/7 staff support
MIG Welder Duties:
- Read blueprints, drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
MIG Welder Requirements:
- Proven experience as welder (MIG)
- 5-years relevant experience preferred
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures an asset (TIG, MIG, Stick, etc..)
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
- Deftness and attention to detail
- Available for full-time rotating shifts of Days and Afternoons
Start earning a paycheck this week! Please send us your "MIG Welder - Days & Afternoons" resume in MS Word or PDF format.
Thank you for applying!