Industrial Maintenance Technician
We are seeking an experienced and reliable individual for a new Industrial Maintenance Technician opportunity in the Port Perry area.
On the job, the successful candidate will be responsible for identifying and repairing industrial equipment breakdowns and performing routine preventative maintenance on industrial machines and equipment, with other duties as outlined below.
To qualify, candidates must have prior experience in a Maintenance Technician or similar role, with hands-on maintenance experience with industrial machines and equipment.
Industrial Maintenance Technician Duties:
- Assist the production supervisor with equipment breakdowns in a timely and accurate fashion to keep the production lines running 24/7
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment problems in all areas.
- Ensure Preventative Maintenance is completed on all equipment when scheduled, while minimizing down time to production.
- Maintain the building(s) and associated systems.
- Maintain paperwork including daily work logs, equipment updates and component records.
- Use the ERP system to prepare requisition orders for supplies and repairs as required.
- Maintain an inventory of maintenance parts, using the ERP system.
- Read and/or produce blueprints, drawings and schematics as required.
- Attend all regular crew and safety meetings.
Maintenance Technician Requirements:
- OSSD Diploma (Grade 12)
- 5 Years experience in General Equipment repair with strong emphasis in hydraulics, PLC’s, pneumatics and some electronics
- Troubleshooting PLCs
- Hands-on experience performing maintenance on industrial equipment and machines
- WHIMIS Training
- Mechanical and/or electrical certifications
- Fluent in English (reading and writing)
- Basic Computer skills
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Attendance at monthly Safety meetings
- Forklift Driver’s License
- ERP proficiency
- Upgrade courses as required.
To apply, please send us your "Industrial Maintenance Technician" resume in MS Word or PDF format.
Thank you for applying!