Kitchen Helper / Cook
We are looking for an ambitious Kitchen Helper / Cook to assist in the preparation of dishes and provide assistance in the kitchen.
The successful candidate will perform routine kitchen tasks such as setting up workstations and ingredients, so that food can be prepared according to recipes.
Candidates should be able to follow instructions as well as all health and safety rules in the kitchen. The ideal candidate will also be able to function in a fast-paced, busy environment as a part of a team.
What's in it for you?
- Weekly pay starting at $16.00 /hour
- Benefits available after 3-months
- Potential for permanent hire
- Opportunities for advancement
- 24/7 staff support
Kitchen Helper / Cook Duties:
- Follow the prep list created by chefs to plan duties
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
- Prepare cooking ingredients
- Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food etc.
- Prepare simple dishes such as salads, entrees etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
Kitchen Helper / Cook Requirements:
- Proven experience as prep cook and/or kitchen helper
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
- Able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
- A team player with good communication skills
- Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
- Very good physical condition and endurance
- High school diploma or equivalent is desirable
To apply, please send us your "Kitchen Helper/Cook" resume in MS Word or PDF format.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $16.00 per hour