We are seeking a hardworking and reliable individual for a new CNC Operator position in Peterborough, ON.
The CNC Operator should be highly organized, have good knowledge about working with multiple types of materials, an understanding of various processes involved in machine milling including software tools and equipment.
The operator must have a good understanding and ability to read blueprints to create the design, cutting metal and manipulating it to build the project while also preforming regular maintenance on their machines.
CNC Operator Responsibilities:
- Read and understand blueprint designs
- Set up machinery for production
- Rework metal to create the blueprint design
- Measure and verify all calculations prior to setting up the machinery
- Maintain a clean and organized working environment
- Complete routine maintenance of their machinery
- Enter all relevant codes to specify the feed, speed, and cut of any toolpath for a CNC
CNC Operator Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Prior experience in shop work
- Ability to read blueprints
- Physically fit and able to perform strenuous labor
- Available for full-time hours
- Daily access to reliable transportation
- In-depth knowledge of computer and information systems
- Strong eye for detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- In-depth knowledge of metal machinery
- Excellent reporting and analytical skills
- Excellent understanding of mechanics, and mathematics
- Ability to interpret 3D drawings and orthographic projection
To apply, please send us your "CNC Machinist" resume in MS Word or PDF format.
Thank you for applying!